ONLI WEAR

ONLI WEAR
Installation series from ONLI STUDIOS presented at the DuSable Museum in Chicago.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

" Just as my ingenious ancestors in Nubia, America and Benin designed and crafted quality images and artifacts to chart a course for their futures, I craft quality, well conceived images to chart the course of Rhythmism as a future-primitif movement.   Poor execution is not in the best interest of this.  I know a lot of folks really love poorly crafted images.  I appreciate that.   But not at the expense of precious innovative masterworks.  The visual arts are no different than music.  No one loves a poorly performed musical performance.  I feel the same about poorly crafted visual art."
This is a sketch spread from the coming graphic-novel, "The War For Planet NUBA!!!" 
Past Afro-Future Art Exhibition link:  Riffing

No comments:

Post a Comment